What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

China Dolls: A Novel

China Dolls: A Novel - Lisa See Fairly run of the mill friends historical fiction: three Asian women from very different backgrounds, including someone who may or may not be passing, meet in San Fransisco and start careers in dance/entertainment/figuring out who to survive. Each chapter is a different character's point of view, and while that breaks up the narrative (and I'm not sure if any of the three of these characters could carry a similarly long novel on their own) it also reminded me of all that YA [a:Ann Rinaldi|11162|Ann Rinaldi|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1235510719p2/11162.jpg] I read growing up. It's not bad, it's just formulaic which for me at this point wasn't doing it.

Native Son