What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Ongoingness: The End of a Diary

Ongoingness: The End of a Diary - Sarah Manguso Plot twist: the book about a diary does not contain any actual entries from the diary.

That's also not the point. This slim volume is a meta-study of Sarah Manguso's desire to keep diaries named after the math class she was taking at the time. What started out as a juvenile exercise on memory turned into a larger question about what it means to live a full life, especially as she had her son.

It was too short I think to really delve into some of the meatier aspects of memory and diary keeping, but the unusual essay format was good at capturing more of a spontaneous thought-like tone.

Native Son