What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Sodom and Gomorrah (In Search of Lost Time, #4) - Marcel Proust, C.K. Scott Moncrieff, Terence Kilmartin, D.J. Enright I'm going to need a while to let the review stew in my brain. Until then, some first impressions on finishing it:So much to think about and consider in terms of not just parties but life, love, and relationships The narrator's mother and descriptions of grief are beautifully truthfulWhy yes, Mr. Narrator, gay people do exist. Marrying your gay best friend might not be the solution I laughed out loud when the Narrator was surprised by an airplane flying overhead. I love the last 40 pages or so. They were absolutely worth it. Also, sometimes a 3 week break from a reading project can be helpful, because I really enjoyed finishing Sodom and Gomorrah instead of rushing through to stay on schedule.

Native Son