What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Chourmo - Jean-Claude Izzo In the second installment of the Marseilles trilogy sees Fabio Montale out of official work with the police and is living the life, fishing and hanging out in his favorite bar. Chourmo opens with the same violent crime action that characterizes this type of noir, and gives no indication of stopping in Montale's second outing. This time, his cousin's son has gone missing and he must find out what happened. Montale really just wants to fish and hang out but once gain he's drawn back to investigating crimes though his official police credentials are gone. The city he lives in is just as flawed as ever and he keeps finding trouble that has some highly personal element. Overall, a strong second in the Marseilles trilogy.

Native Son