What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

God on the Rocks - Jane Gardam Jane Gardam is again good for a psychological story of families and interpersonal relationships. God on the Rocks is set between word wars in an English village occupied by a group of extremely devout, daresay fringe, Christians. Margaret's father is one of their leaders, and the reader explores her mother's choice to join this group when she gets to know Mrs. Marsh's childhood friends, Charles and Binkie. There are secrets everywhere but in a traditional Gardam way that is more a reflection of reality that an attempt at shock. Examining choices of her mother while also coming to terms with the beginning of the end of her childhood, Margaret Marsh is another compelling character in the Jane Gardam canon. I preferred [b:Crusoe's Daughter|13585606|Crusoe's Daughter|Jane Gardam|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339965129s/13585606.jpg|1164601] to this novel, but both are compelling and well written stories of women in the early to mid-20th century.

Native Son