What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

The Illusion of Separateness - Simon Van Booy I got a hold of an ARC from Powell's Indiespensable subscription and I'm very grateful they included it. The Illusion of Separateness focuses on a series of linked characters who have in common connections to a wrecked B-24 and harrowing events in France during the Second World War. These characters range far and wide: from a Hollywood director to a patient in a nursing home to a blind woman in an affluent neighborhood. The writing is straightforward and simple, and the characterizations spot on. It was a great pleasure to read and follow the diverse group of characters and see how they are ultimately connected.

Native Son