What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Agatha Christie: Murder in the Making: More Stories and Secrets from Her Notebooks - John Curran Murder in the Making roughly follows the format of Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks, where John Curran's analysis is interspersed with his transcriptions of Christie's notebooks. Christie was a constant notebook keeper but not so good at keeping all the notes chronologically. There are solutions to some of the novels revealed in the discussions of her methods, so only a well-read Christie fan or someone who doesn't mind spoilers would find this particularly interesting. However, there is a great discussion about Christie's work in the context of other detective writers and tropes of the detective story and insight into Christie's process as well as her personal life with respect to her work. This particular work is organized chronologically, with Christie's life events being discussed along with what she had written those years. All in all, this is essential reading for the diehard Christie fan but not so much for the casual reader.

Native Son