What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

The Missing Ink: The Lost Art of Handwriting - Philip Hensher The Missing Ink can be self-congratulatory at times (ie the author's trip pen shopping) while at others very down to earth (the discussion of how to teach children handwriting). This book spans quite a few different topics, and it is definitely a mix. I liked the range with which the author discussed writing by hand, and the interviews were an interesting perspective on how we interact with the handwritten word. In the end, this was a fun non-fiction read on a topic in which I have an interest written in a dynamic and interesting way. Some of the inconsistencies in tone made it feel like I was talking to a friend rather than reading an academic study, which in this case worked well.

Native Son