What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Ring for Jeeves (Jeeves, #10) - P.G. Wodehouse Ring for Jeeves is another fairly routine Wodehouse novel, though it is distinct in the Jeeves and Wooster series because Wooster is away for this story. Bertie, instead of avoiding aunts, is at a special school to prepare members of the upper class for a possible populist uprising. Unfortunately, this means Bertie is not our narrator and we miss out on the Wodehousian slang that Bertie uses in his recounting of events. This is also a post-war Wodehouse novel, and some of the lighthearted goodness is missing that was present in earlier Jeeves stories. Still, Jeeves carries on, this time getting his employer out of a sticky financial situation as well as supervising the social relationships of those in a deteriorating English country home. All in all Ring for Jeeves is not the best of the Wodehouse canon but still another tale of Jeeves saving the day.

Native Son