What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Moranthology - Caitlin Moran Caitlin Moran is back to her vulgar and hilarious self, this time in a collection of her columns previously unavailable in the United States unless one was very good at Google. Her off kilter sense of humor displayed previously in How to Be a Woman once again supplements her surprisingly insightful and hilarious points. Her observational humor ranges from the beginning of her writing career (bringing a cake into London on a train only to have it spoil on the way to her story meeting) and contemporary British TV ("Downton Abbey " and "Sherlock" included). She often portrays herself as scatterbrained and a bit daft, but her insight into contemporary issues makes reading her columns worth it. This collection of columns, articles, and essays is less thematically linked than her previous work, but it's nice to get the backlist of Moran's work and see how she really feels about Irene Adler in "Sherlock".

Native Son