What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

American Isis: The Life and Art of Sylvia Plath

American Isis: The Life and Art of Sylvia Plath - Carl Rollyson I can only imagine why a book with this title was remaindered.

That aside, the tedious comparisons between Sylvia Plath and Marilyn Monroe really just helped pull this biography in a million directions, in addition to a half hearted analysis of all the biographies of Plath after her death. Either make the book about suicide, Plath's struggle to reconcile her poetic talents with the expectation/demands of motherhood, or admit that [b:The Silent Woman: Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes|147371|The Silent Woman Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes|Janet Malcolm|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320541001s/147371.jpg|3816] already covered the territory.

Not a total waste of a book, just not a serious Plath biography reader's best choice.

Native Son