What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Dead Man Walking: The Eyewitness Account of the Death Penalty That Sparked a National Debate - Helen Prejean I read this book when Helen Prejean was back in the news for counseling Dzhokhar Tsarnaev after his conviction. Her central point is that how society treats its worst criminal offenders is a reflection on society as a whole, and she makes the argument that the death penalty is inhuman and cruel. Her interactions with the families of the murdered is fascinating as well, since she had to learn how to be compassionate both towards the families of victims and the criminal offender who has been convicted.

Native Son