What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Michael Kohlhaas

Michael Kohlhaas - Heinrich von Kleist Guy has his horses stolen and abused by a bad local government guy, and then horse guy can't seem to get an appeal through the courts, people start getting beaten up and dying, and so horse guy turns into a German Robin Hood.

Okay, but really sort of trite at this point. I know I'm looking at things from a history of literature lens, and in that context it's better than it was. Otherwise, it's a bit of a slog through a litany of bad things happening even if the themes being discussed are startlingly modern for the time.

Native Son