What I Happen to Be Reading At the Moment

Our Endless Numbered Days

Our Endless Numbered Days - Claire Fuller So creepy, so good.

A father takes his daughter into the woods saying the world has ended. That same daughter is rescued years later, her father dead. There's something of the doomsday prepper/child abductor infused in the plot the whole time, and and mystery of what exactly happened keeps the reader enthralled (though the writing is good enough to do that anyway--a great use of a child's perspective where necessary and changing it over time as the main character ages).

This is what [b:The Girl on the Train|22557272|The Girl on the Train|Paula Hawkins|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1421709869s/22557272.jpg|41107568] could have done but failed to execute.

Native Son